Information’ (PII) is being used online. PII, as described in US privacy law and information security, is information
that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify
use, protect or otherwise handle your Personally Identifiable Information in accordance with our website.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
on our site.
How do we use your information?
respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following
To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you
are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
- We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
- An external PCI compliant payment gateway handles all CC transactions.
- We do not use Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of
persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In
addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their
information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and
your shopping cart. They are also used to help us understand your preferences based on previous or current site
data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools
in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help
Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
properly. Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in
operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this
information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law,
enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising,
or other uses.
third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability
for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and
welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
policy. The law’s reach stretches well beyond California to require any person or company in the United States (and
conceivably the world) that operates websites collecting Personally Identifiable Information from California
those individuals or companies with whom it is being shared. – See more at:
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
significant page after entering our website.
- You can change your personal information by logging in to your account
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United
States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and
online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the
globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to
comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a
data breach occur, we will notify you via email within 7 business days. We also agree to the Individual Redress
Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors
and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable
rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate
and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough
penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Middle River Farm
#2 Patterson Lane
McKellar, ON P0G 1C0